Into the woods



I escaped to a cabin in the woods for a few days to work on writing and music. We drove through a blizzard in the mountains in the dark and I considered for the second time in a matter of days that I might just be too brave sometimes. Anyway I can’t wait to see what the outdoors looks like here in the morning! The night snow is sparkly and cleansing. I can hear the river but haven’t seen it yet. 



PS I want to tell people I love them more. I want to love more people. I want people to love more. 


PPS I am going to sketch President Biden and Vice President Harris helping us off the rollercoaster one by one and sitting us down to rest and warm our hands by the dumpster fire of this current life and they serve us hot cocoa in mugs and tell us everything is going to be all right in a soft and calm and even voice and we believe even if it’s just for a moment that hope is available and there’s plenty in stock, no limit. 

Pssst update here’s my first draft lol: 


Comments

  1. Oh, that finished sketch I need to see... I feel calmer already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time away! And that sketch sounds like exactly what this country needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the quiet! Thank you for sharing the sketch. It makes me smile to see his smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sketch! And how wonderful to get away for a few days. That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. IS there such a thing as too brave? Hmm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Fine Sifting

Wildfires

Imposter girl with no poster