adhesives

I was using packing tape to seal up an envelope extra good, sending my Mom an early* Valentine's Day card with some treats inside and a mask in dachshund & hearts print I found at a boutique downtown. *marking the little wins, being early or showing up at all for anyone right now means a lot to me and is a muscle I need to strengthen.

The tape was on one of those packing tape dispensers but it was a new roll so it hadn't been "started" yet and let me tell you it didn't start out well. One tiny strip ran down the roll right from the start, which meant losing a lot of packing tape real estate trying to just get it wide enough to start a decent tear -- and then pull pull pull until you get the whole section of tape in the correct size again. With a crumpled sticky foot of un-usable tape as the casualty. I beheld this "chaff" declaring that it represents the starter part of my life

starter part of my life

that was necessary to get me to the whole piece. 

that was necessary


And then I cut it off. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Fine Sifting

Imposter girl with no poster

Wildfires