It was some blue sky

[What gets me to here/scene: 


Comfy dress no bra baggy sweater

Futon by the window with several pillows all in variations of my favorite color grey and 

Root beer with ice (guilty pleasure)

A little high

Earbuds & moody Spotify playlist 

Just got off work/done with dinner for kids/back from a walk with Penny]

 

It was some blue sky at 5pm 

That feeling. ! That familiarity of being on this side - oh much closer to spring if we just leeeeeeeean that way. A gift to be present to the little extra light in your day. 

To have things within reach.


I can handle winter. I was born in winter and I was made 

to outgrow it. 

I might resurrect my old blog with a new voice. I could retell the stories and tell the truth this time. It could be healing for me. What if this helps me learn my own history that I feel I know nothing about?


More about the old life-

what if those years I regret was just the wrapper 

protecting this part of me 

To get me to here?

It was once vital yes but now absolutely disposable, 

practically self destructing

So  stop trying to hold on to the waste (of time) 

It doesn’t ask you to be loyal 

There are no points for being sentimental, *traditional*

 it’s not cute holding back your own growth 

Toss and go 

Go 

Go. 

It’s so much harder than that though. Especially right now.  I know. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fine Sifting

Imposter girl with no poster

Wildfires