One snowy day


It actually snowed here today. It so rarely does that even with it forecasted for days we were all very surprised. Suddenly everyone cares about finding their gloves and coats that only get used maybe a couple times every few years. But has it been that long since we left the house? What even is time?

The kids have been home due to the pandemic since March of last year. I forgot that a life of them actually going back to school could be a thing still some day. 

Luna started going to limited in person instruction for a couple hours a few days a week. I had to go pick her up early today because of the snow. I got stuck and so did everyone else. And it’s not even a lot of snow, but we have hills and mountains and such in between here and the school. Eventually I get to her by getting unstuck and having to backtrack and go the long way around. Took about one and a half hours for a five-minute drive. Here’s where a soft little lesson moment could go if I weren’t so grumpy about it still. 

We watched the snow continue to fall in big wet flakes and the dark cold clouds settled in. It will probably be gone tomorrow, one giant melt. But what if it isn’t?  I imagined the days going by when everything stays the same, like when the wildfire smoke rolled in and we couldn’t remember what the clear sky even used to looked like, and what would we do or think about it if the snow and cold never went away. And everything stayed frozen. Is that when we would finally give up?  

I don’t even know if that’s a thing that can happen, I’m no scientist. I don’t even know the words to Google about it. But please don’t let us be frozen at this spot in time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fine Sifting

Imposter girl with no poster

Wildfires