Morning people

5 a.m. is my time. I guess I am just owning it now. I wish I could sleep in, sometimes I’m a stargazer and moon chaser but I am still up at 4:30 in the morning ready for my day. The stars and moon are still out this early, too. Perspective. 

I am alone. My being is awakened when everyone else has finally gone to sleep. The house is quiet. I am alone. 

Noah is always up early and goes to bed early and never ever strays from that schedule. So I get to see him first thing when he gets up and that’s a good hang out-ish time, he does his thing in the kitchen and I stay on the couch and write, listen, think, play, plan. 

Luna was just out scrounging for a midnight snack because 6am on a Saturday morning is midnight for fifteen year olds. And she asked me if I would make her some oatmeal and I was like omg yessss I want to make you some oatmeal (I really did. If my kids ask me for anything these days especially food related I am so happy to oblige. It’s like the easiest way for me to be active with my love and requires zero energy or brain use. And I make the best quick oatmeal: Mexican cinnamon & vanilla sugar and a banana.)

We all kinda figured out what I’m making for dinner tonight (spaghetti and minestrone), and Luna’s film studies class is watching Young Frankenstein -insert me all fumble-y trying to explain how I clearly have no idea how I feel about Mel Brooks and probably need to look into why so we all might watch that together tonight so that feels good to have a plan. They seem naturally cheerful this morning. I think it’s going to be a good day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fine Sifting

Imposter girl with no poster

Wildfires