Noah is twenty

 

My first born is twenty today. He requested chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and white cupcakes with white icing and of course I will go to the moon for him and so we had a lot of cupcakes. I made the chocolate ones gluten free so that I could partake. Also I might have thrown out half the white batter because we do not need that many cupcakes. And let me tell you I had a moment spreading the icing in a swirl. I took some deep breaths and slowed the madness for a sec. Meditative. 

He is twenty and I still feel twenty and he’s just starting life and I’m still just starting life and again, why do we call this time what we swim in? it’s fluid and there’s a deep end and there’s a sandbar and there’s the shore. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fine Sifting

Imposter girl with no poster

Wildfires