on spring

I don't think I look forward to any season more than spring. But then I think about how excited I am when fall comes. So handy that our seasons take breaks I guess, is how I see it. I would prefer a strict spring/fall calendar and take the hot summer and dreary winter out of it completely. But that is me. Trying to just remove the uncomfortable parts rather than learn to love something about it and live with it already. And see how vital the other seasons are to be able to enjoy the fruits of the next.

This spring just might save me. I feel it when I wake up. I can smell it. This morning a squirrel shook his tail at two black crows and a little bird as they had it out on the power line in the back yard. Spring!

When I was a freshman in high school I was obsessed with Victoria's Secret lily of valley scented lotion. It makes me think of spring... and how I was wearing it when I fell in love with James on an Easter Sunday at church. I think I wore white tights with white shoes with my Easter dress that day. I was fourteen and he was fifteen. I was wearing the lily of the valley lotion.

I am forty-four now and have thought about it every spring since. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fine Sifting

Imposter girl with no poster

Wildfires