Scootch yourself up

I just brought the soup to a boil and now have time to simmer while it simmers. So far we’ve scootched the couch up closer to the tv for Mario Kart & a 90’s Spotify playlist, or to catch up on Jeopardy or old SNL or I’ve been listening to Molly Shannon’s memoir on Audible while I play a game on my phone, legs stretched out on the couch with my poochie by my side. Being able to feel the pause when you’re actually really paused is a special kind of ecstasy. It’s an announcement that you’re in the moment without taking yourself out of the moment. You can stay right where you are, no worries of slipping, you’re safe and ready for this moment because you’re stronger now, see?

Everything feels easy right now because I planned ahead so that I could make it feel easy. But the fact that I had the energy to plan anything at all — is huge. Is yay. Is a quest to how can I keep this momentum going? The windows and doors are opening up and good weather is outside, too? The windows and doors opening up because it’s safe now, it makes sense now, you’re ready now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fine Sifting

Wildfires

Imposter girl with no poster