Squirrel on a wire

I don’t usually shower after work, my job is mostly at my desk, but when I got home I was desperate to scrub this entire week off of me. 

What a week to start blogging daily again. But it shouldn’t be a surprise because blogging has saved me before, and I’m all about grabbing at any and all life saving equipment within reach. 

I stocked up on groceries for the next several days and every where you go people want to know if you’ve got any plans this weekend? And I look at them and try to send a message with my eyes that I’m about to burst into tears prolly best to not talk to me at all but my mouth says “Soup. I’m making a big pot of soup because it’s going to be rainy.” 

I’m making soup because it’ll last and because you eat more slowly when you’re having soup. And we need all the help we can get when it comes to slowing down how fast we eat. We’re going to watch the new Stranger Things and have a hot pretzel bites party with popcorn and candy. By the grace that can be found in a case of Covid, I get to have all of my kids with me this weekend. And I really am thankful I get to have them near me right now. 

Our energy force field is strong and recharging. 

I showered and used two different scents of body wash (we love the Native brand and I have to buy all the flavors) and should probably put myself to bed, but I’m back porching it and reveling in what has become a ritual. My practice. I practice playing guitar and I practice writing, and breathing. 

Taking this time for just me; outside, street sounds and birds and a woodpecker hammering a couple houses down. The squirrels make their way home from work along the wire over our backyard. Same time every day, they make it across. It’s fascinating, the sight of it, how nimble they are like high wire acrobats. Much like how it feels to move through this life right now. We are miracles, making it so far.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fine Sifting

Wildfires

Imposter girl with no poster