writing out loud

The landscape crew was already finishing up when I arrived at the office this morning. The sun was shining, the grass smelled so fresh, 

the dew on the Japanese maple shimmered as I passed, and so I slowed my step, breathing in deep through my nose and out with relief and hope for this day. 

Good morning! I told the guy with the leaf blower as he stopped to let me pass. And I noticed that I really meant it!

I’m going to write this down. I should be want to be writing more things down. 

All day I made a plan to sit in the sun when I got home from work. I just want to sit in the sun and breathe. And that's what I did. I am still out here actually. 

James and I did sneak away for sushi and I spooned slow sips of miso soup and closed my eyes a lot.

I wanted to stay outside until the sky turned green blue purple. After dinner I brought my guitar out onto the back porch and practiced a bit. If I tried to give up being on my phone so much I would probably spend more time practicing playing guitar, and then would be better at it sooner.

Thinking about giving up television, too, for a little while. That would probably tie in well with less phone time. Just writing out loud here. Not making any major decisions just yet. I really like the idea of quiet though. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fine Sifting

Imposter girl with no poster

Wildfires